Tuesday, June 2, 2009

#3 senior interview


Kaitlyn Mc Neil
October 10, 2008
Block four
Seniors interviews:
At seventeen, Stephen Ortiz, a senior at Piper High, is doing anything and everything he can to achieve his goal for a future profession. I asked him if he was planning on going to college and if so which one? Stephen replied “I don’t know if I will actually attend college, but I’m already in dual enrollment in a vocational school. Atlantic Technical Center; I’m going for classes dealing with electricity.”
I then continued to ask “While in this vocational school, what will you be going to major in?” Stephen then said that “I will be majoring in electricity. And by the time I’m done, I’ll have half of my credits for my Associates’ Degree.” Going back to the senior topic, I asked Stephen “How does it feel to be a senior, the top dog?” he then replied, “Being a senior feels good… Teachers don’t treat me like a kid anymore, and I’m ready to step out into the real world and start my life.”
Knowing that senior year is a big deal for all teens, it’s also a big deal for recruiters in the military, marines, etc. but when I asked Stephen about him ever considering the military he responded, “yes, I have and realized that it wasn’t for me. I enjoy life too much to put it on the line and in jeopardy like that.” Still with graduating as the VERY LAST single digit class you must have some good memories, right? Well, according to this young man, he did “not really” have any good memories of Piper High School. Personally, I believe that by the time this year is over, he will have some good memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment